Marmomacc. Best Communicator Award
Il Casone wins, with Claudio Silvestrin
The "Best Communicator Award" has been awarded to the stand created by IL CASONE, designed by the architect Claudio Silvestrin. This award, the highest of recognitions at the show, was bestowed upon IL CASONE for “its capability to render one single monochromatic stone protagonist using various subtle working techniques of the stone. This was accomplished using the symbolic form of the spiral which created a measured yet refined style”.
The stand was created using a rectangular base which measures 8 x 15 meters and includes a 3 meter sliver of sandstone which was sculpted from a natural block extracted directly from the quarry. The stone’s spiral form rotates without touching the base until its conclusion at the end which creates the actual stage. The workings of the stone, all done by hand, were created to replicate the historic pavements found in cities from Emilia and Tuscany. These particular characteristics honor the geographic regions where pietra serena and colombino stone are extracted as they are paramount in the project.
This enormous honor for IL CASONE, and their spectacular stand, has attracted a large public of architects, project managers and designers who are present at Marmomacc. The curious eyes of the public have centered on the enclosing form of the stone and have generated great interest in learning the techniques utilized for creating such a structure. Professionals in the sector have been intrigued of this innovative and original use of natural stone.
- Aldo Bottoli - Director “Ricerca Sistema Osservatori Colore” and Coordinator for the Commission on the Environment ADI Index”
- Oscar G. Colli - Director “Il Bagno Oggi e Domani”; Coordinator of Jury Selection ADI Index. Permanent Observer for Design ADI
- Livio Salvadori - Editor of “Casabella” and Jury Member ADI Index
- Vincenzo Pavan - Curator Events Marmomacc for Architecture
- Mauro Albano - Brand Manager of Marmomacc